MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25: MSBOA All-State Audition Registration Due
- Each year, Michigan School Band and Orchestra Association (MSBOA) provides “All-State” music opportunities to middle and high school students.
- Click here for audition registration details. Register no later than Monday, September 25.
- Turn in completed forms with payment in a labeled envelope to the white mailbox in the band room (on the file cabinet next to the music library).
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27: After-School Marching Band Rehearsal
- Meet in the band room for 2:30 – 5:00 PM rehearsal.
- Bring all rehearsal necessities and dress for the weather.
FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 29: Homecoming Parade & Football Game – PARADE ROUTE
- Attire: Marching Uniform
- Locations: First Presbyterian Church (Main/Hutton intersection); march in parade to Tom Holzer Stadium
- Report to NHS (Leadership & Front Ensemble): 4:00 PM — after loading the trailer, go to the Stadium to unload, then reconvene with the rest of the band at First Presbyterian Church for the Parade (Front Ensemble — bring cymbals to the Parade). Sousaphones and Color Guard must transport their own equipment.
- Report to Parade: 5:00 PM
- Parade: 6:00 PM
- Aretha Franklin Marching Show (Pre-Game): 6:40 PM
- Kickoff: 7:00 PM
- Halftime: Homecoming Court
- Post-Game Performance: in concert formation at the end of the game
- Drumline Feature Performance: on field after post-game performance
- Leadership and Front Ensemble: load trailer at the end of the game, and meet at NHS to unload
Additional Reminders and Upcoming Important Dates
NHS ATTENDANCE GUIDELINES
- Parents must email both Mr. Rumbell and Adam regarding any student absences to be in compliance with the “Attendance Policies & Procedures” section of the Band Packet. This includes arriving late or leaving early from rehearsals or performances.
- The band’s policies and procedures must be followed in addition to reporting absences during the school day (see Northville High School’s Attendance Guidelines).
SENIOR BANNER ORDERING
- Text Ann Ryan at (734) 776-1773 to order a banner for your band senior if you missed ordering one on the band picture day during band camp.
- Banners are displayed on the fence at Tom Holzer Stadium.
ARETHA FRANKLIN MARCHING BAND SHOW SHIRTS
- Show shirts that were ordered will be distributed at the after-school rehearsal on Wednesday, October 4.
- There is no need to call Canton Embroidery as everyone’s orders are completed and picked up by Adam in bulk at the same time.
- Missed the ordering deadline? A limited supply of extra shirts have been ordered and can be purchased on a “first-come, first-serve” basis at the after-school rehearsal on Wednesday, October 4.
- Bring cash or pay via Venmo, PayPal, or Zelle. See Adam at a break on 10/4 to purchase. T-shirts are $24, crewnecks are $39, and hoodies are $49.
NHS MUSIC BOOSTERS OPPORTUNITIES
2023 GRACE CANCER RUN
PEP BAND AT AWAY FOOTBALL GAME VS. NOVI